Movember: Shave Off
Fighting prostate cancer by growing a moustache: it sounds funny, but it’s pure reality.
Strutter View is joining Movember, the worldwide charity event focusing on prostate cancer research and awareness.
Vincent will be decorating his face with a moustache throughout the complete month of November and raise money.
He experienced in his own family how important regular check-ups can be. His father was diagnosed with BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), which is an increase in size of the prostate, causing several health problems and discomforts in daily life. Due to his father’s regular check-ups a suitable treatment could start immediately and he didn’t have to fear for prostate cancer. Now the situation is under control.
Vincent and his father were lucky, unlike 24 men in Belgium who will hear today that they have prostate cancer. That’s why we are supporting Movember, by posting about men’s health (in a typical Strutter View style, of course) and raising money during this month.
What can you do?
- Join the cause at http://mobro.co/strutterview
- Inform yourself about Movember and prostate cancer
- Inform others through Facebook, Twitter and other ways
- Donate. There is no minimum limit. Just give what you can and want to.
- Grow a moustache, register here and become part of the Movember movement
- And last but not least: if you’re a man and older than 50, go to a doctor and have yourself checked. Encourage others to do the same.
To kick off Vincent’s participation he went to the Movember Shave Off event and was shaved by a barber. Check out the video.
He even took his new look to the next level and had his hair cut. It hasn’t been that short in almost 10 years! Less hair on the head and more on the upper lip!
Stay tuned, because in the context of Movember Vincent will experiment with different kinds of skin care products for men.
Also don’t forget to check his MoBro profile on a regular basis to see the evolution of his moustache!
Vincent, Julie & Britt