Le Creuset Showcooking
Just when we thought things couldn’t get busier (me graduating and preparing my holiday & Julie planning her Erasmus), we noticed that the young, very talented and recently hyped Belgian tv-chef Wim Ballieu was about to participate in a show cooking event in collaboration with THE cookware manufacturer of all cookware manufactures: Le Creuset. Obviously we had to be there. Julie and her dad are huuuuge Le Creuset addicts to say the least and we are also both are big Wim Ballieu fans.
- A ‘mi cuit’ of salmon with fresh cucumber, grapefruit and yoghurt.
- A pea, mint, lavender and scallop ‘espresso’.
- Sucrine lettuce with ‘Mechelse Koekoek (a local poultry breed)’, Grana Padano and a varity of tomatoes.
- Raspberry sorbet with pomegranate, lemon balm and bubbles.
- An arabica, mascarpone and ladyfingers ‘granite’.
The pea, mint, lavender and scallop ‘espresso’, presented in our favorite Le Creuset Mini-Cocottes. I always wondered what I would put in these little cuties if I bought them… this is the answer to my question.
And now finally… my favourite part of that day: desserts! I’d always eat dessert before the main meal if i could.
BEST.DESSERT.EVER I swear. Now I’m writing about it, I want to go back in time and eat it again. That bubbly really provided the final touch. So eemmmhh Wim, if you’re reading this…
Enjoy the show!
This is only a snapshot of their new collection. Check out their entire collection on http://www.lecreuset.nl/ .
Britt & Julie